Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy Week?

The week of the 13th-19th was a busy week for us. We were supposed to close on our house (we've been trying to sell it for 3 years now.), Ben had finals and was finishing up his first year of college, and it was the weekend of my 28th birthday. Okay, so we didn't close on our house. It's been a long and frustrating process. The short story of this is we signed a contract at the end of May saying that an investor was going to buy it from us. Bad timing considering the economical situation of our country and the dynamics of the area. We are having to sell our house for a loss while the investor is having trouble getting a loan to buy it from us. We are hoping to close soon but we don't have a set date. Ben finished his finals. He made an A in Environmental Science. He fell a few points short of one in Cultural Diversity. We feel that the score was unfair like most of them have been for the class. The teacher's response was that no one is perfect, therefore there are no perfect scores. Ben's going to dispute it. These classes closed out his first year of college. He had a 3.95 GPA before this class so we expect it to go down some. Hopefully, if the dispute is successful, it won't last long. He started his second year on the 21st, not even 24 hours after finishing the first year. We're hoping that this year will be a little smoother for him. Jordan, Alex and Jada went to my parent's house from the 18th to the 21st. Ben took me out to eat 3 times that weekend. We celebrated both my birthday and the end of his school year. It was a fun and relaxing weekend for me. 28 doesn't feel much different than 27. Unfortunately, though, I've felt old since I did treatment for my Hep C in 2004. Anyway, I missed my girls terribly but also enjoyed the solitude that I was able to get. Ben bought a computer as a present. I love it, as I had been without one for almost 2 months. Well, I shared the girl's computer, but it isn't the same. He spent most of this last week setting it up and making sure I have everything of importance off of the girl's computer. I've realized just how big the girls are getting this past week. We had thought about getting a smaller car for me, but three booster seats won't fit in the back seat. Although Jordan and Alex are both past the required height, age and weight for booster seat laws in Texas, Ben and I have decided that until their knees bend over the edge of the seat naturally, without any help, they will continue to be in them. The requirements for booster seats are minimal here. The maximum height requirement is only 36 in. That means that my two year old, Jada is only 2 inches shy of meeting that one. Jordan and Alex start school next month. Jordan will be in the first grade to start out with, but we're hoping to get her into second grade material as well. Alex is starting kindergarden and is excited about earning free pizza by reading "x" number of books. I just have to say thanks to Pizza Hut for their "Book It" club. Jada is still very young for school, but we are sure to include some books and activities that suit her in our classes. Right now, she's focusing on potty training. She's excited about her panties, and doesn't like it when they get wet or dirty. She's still hesitant to use the potty at times, but she knows there are stickers and tons of praise waiting for her if she does. Busy times ahead, but we're loving every minute of it!

No comments: