Sunday, May 10, 2009

As A Mother:

As a mother, I have felt the joy of pregnancy and gone through child birth three times. I have felt the pain of every fear, injury, surgery, or shot that my children have ever had. I have celebrated accomplishments of walking, potty training, reading, singing, and other stepping stones of life. I have had sleepless nights nursing children back to health, keeping nightmares at bay, holding and singing them to sleep. As a mother, I have danced, made many faces, played and learned right along with my children. I have learned that patience IS a virtue, love is unconditional, and joy can be found in everything, even trials. As a mother, I have learned more than I have taught. I once thought that I loved my mother as much as she loved me. I love her even more now that I am a mother also. I understand now that I was wrong. I do love her a lot, but I am sure she loves me more. I love my sisters more now, too. And I appreciate all that my family (and extended family, for all the lovely ladies that read this blog that I met at church) has done for me, and the lessons they've taught. I look forward to the lessons ahead of me and my children. (There's so much more to learn and relearn!) Thank you ladies. Happy Mother's Day! President Thomas S. Monson, "You are a mighty force for good, one of the most powerful in the entire world. Your influence ranges far beyond yourself and your home and touches others all around the globe. You have reached out to your brothers and sisters across streets, across cities, across nations, across continents, across oceans. You personify the Relief Society motto: 'Charity never faileth.'" (Three Goals to Guide you, 177th Semiannual General Relief Society Conference 2007.)

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Miss you more. You are a great example to me. I hope you had a great day with your family.

Katrina said...

Lovely sentiment, Dana-mariesy-peasy. I miss you so, my dear sister. Good-luck with all the moving!