Monday, February 13, 2012

Catching up.

Okay, so it's been a while. Since June, here's what has happened.
We started school with the girls in very late July. Jordan started 4th grade, Alex 3rd, and Jada started Kindergarten.
We got a hang of our new schedule in August, but nothing amazing happened.
In September, Ben turned 30 and Jordan turned 10! We celebrated with cheesecake and ice cream. Ben started working on a project for work and is still working on it. (Lots of overtime until Dec.)
For Halloween, Jordan dressed up as a dark fairy (goth fairy maybe?), Alex as a ninja, and Jada went as Rapunzel. I dressed up as a deviled egg. We went to my Mom's and Dad's trunk or treat to celebrate. I did not carve a pumpkin this past Halloween.
In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving at home with turkey, sides, and pumpkin pie, of course. A few days later, I let the girls do a shopping spree for Christmas gifts.
In December Jordan finished 4th grade, and Jada finished Kindergarten. We had a family Christmas get together with my parents and siblings with their families. It was cozy.
In January, we started school up again. Jordan has started 5th grade curriculum and Jada is almost half way through 1st grade. Alex is doing well with 3rd. She's pacing herself, which she needs. She's working hard on muscle memory for spelling words, and she's reading above grade level.
Now for the past few weeks... We've been to the dentist, all five of us. Ben is getting work done, and when he's finished, it'll be my turn. Jordan has lost 7 teeth in the last 6 months, 8 in the past year. Alex has had teeth come in, and Jada's starting to get a loose tooth. It's not very wobbly yet, but it moves some. Girls don't have any cavities. We filed taxes as expected. We also got family portraits done for the first time in three years.
We have a lot to look forward to this year. And I plan to be a little better about posting! I have some of my favorite pictures that I plan to post soon of 2011. Then a separate post for portraits.

No comments: