skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Things Children Say...
Oh the things kids say... I wanted to document some of the funny things my kids have said. I don't have dates, unfortunately, or even the age they were when they said them. I just thought it would be fun to have some of them written down where everyone can read and enjoy (and laugh their heads off).
Jordan-
(She was just learning to talk, and for some reason we had some fruit snacks. I asked if she wanted one.) "Moot Nat, meese." (Fruit snack, please.)
( I was talking to Ben and his friend Ryan (Chewy, to us) and said something about her having difficulty learning to say bathroom. Somehow the Spanish term for bathroom came into the conversation.) "El bano... El bano... El bano..."
(Halloween time, and we had spider rings. Jordan and Alex were playing with them.) "Ah! They are going to get me!" (So I "kill" them by flipping them onto their backs. She gasps as she flips them right side up.) "Look, Momma! They've been resurrected!"
(She was bringing toys to Ben pretending they were food items so he could "taste test" them. This time she had brought him "ice cream, chocolate, and a 'dead' fish." He asks her if the fish is hot.) "It was hot but then we put it in the freezer for a VERY long time... like 88 minutes!"
Alex-
(She had hit her head so it was hurting. Ben asks if he can cut her head off. She said no, so he asks why he can't and what she uses it for.) "For seeing and eating." (Ben- "What else?") "Picking my nose."
(We were reading scriptures as a family. Ben asks her what Jesus had said in the passage.) "Jesus said, 'I want an apple' and his people said, 'No, Jesus, you can't have an apple.' So Jesus was sad."
(For a every long time, while saying her prayers...) "In the name of Jebus Cripes. Amen."
(She was saying a bedtime family prayer. We wanted her to remember to say "Please bless us to feel rested in the morning.") "Please bless us to be arrested in the morning."
Jada-
(She was just learning to talk so we got a lot of repetition.) "Where's Daddy? (I answer, "He's at work.") "Oh!... (she looks around searching.) "Where's Daddy?" (This went on for about 30 min. Then she moved on to "Where's Nana?" and "Where's Daniel?" for about 30 min. at a time.)
(I was sitting at my desk minding my own business and she comes in and just stares at me. I asked her what she wants.) "Um..." (She thinks about it. Then she looks at me with her eyes sparkling...) "I want a cheesebigger, fries, and chocate milkshake." (She was SO proud of herself for thinking of something.)
(She was saying a family prayer before bed.) "Ankoo, Father. Ankoo for our fanny and friends. Ankoo for food. Ankoo for all we have. Please bless us safe. Please bless us seep well. Please bless us have sfifit (spirit) wiff us. Name Christ. Hamen."
(We play with the girls saying they are crazy, punks, brats, and that we need to beat them. Ben was on the phone with his sister Reina, when she comes up to him...) "Daddy, you crazy. You're a punk brat. (With a growl in her voice and her fists clenched) GRR!!! I need to beat you!"
These are just a few of many things that they have said. But now that you have smiled at least once, we hope you have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment