Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day a day late. I ended up spending most of my day with a Primary activity that Jordan and Alex thoroughly enjoyed. We stopped before hand to pick up one of Alex's fellow CTR 6's so that he could join in the fun too. I'm pretty sure that he had a blast as well. We got there and the kids got to guess how many candy hearts were in a jar. The winner got to take them home and share them with his/her family for Valentine's. Next each child was given a sticker with a 1-4. We decorated brown paper bags with stickers, markers, and hearts. We then had an opening song and prayer. (We came a little early that is why we had this order to it. I know they intended to start with song and prayer. hehe After that, the kids were given 5 minutes to decorate or finish decorating their bags. Next we split into groups 1-4. The children had 4 mini classes to go to. I believe that the classes were titled Love Thy neighbor, Love Thyself, Love Thy Family, and I can't remember the last one. I know that they decorated cookies and learned to love themselves. I know they heard a story and had time to put together signs for Love One Another. I know that they put family member names on strips of paper where they also said something nice about each person. Then they made necklaces with those strips. The last one, I know they had to work together to do a relay. Everything that they got in those classes then went into the bag that they decorated so that they had a lesson for family home evening. I thought it was really cute. The rest of the day I spent with my parents and my nephew Joshua and niece Brianna. I took them to Del Valle to see the model home of our floor plan. We looked at the other three model homes first per request of my children. (Yes they got my fetish for floor plans and looking at model homes.) Then I showed them our construction zone. I then drove home to be with my Sweetheart, my favorite (and only) Valentine. We watched a few shows- BSG and Burn Notice, since he has managed to get me hooked on them. We had a little ice cream and I'd have to say that my day was a wonderful one. I don't know if I said it enough yesterday, so I'm going to say it again today. Ben, I love you and I am still glad that you chose me to be your wife. Thanks for everything you do. And thank you for a great Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brianna loved the visit and the model homes - she's dreaming of her own KB home I hear (not that your's is KB, but that's what's around here so I'm sure that's her frame of referance)