Monday, October 5, 2009

Eight is great!

For those of you who wanted to know, Jordan turned 8 middle of last month. Ben and I promised her a birthday party with friends. Plans were to have a pinata, crafts and games. Until the perilous night before the party, when I started running a fever... Bummer. She didn't get the party since so many other things were planned for the month. We had 7 birthdays in September with family members only. (I'm sorry I didn't call for some.) There were also 4 baby showers. And two baptisms (both on the same day, about 3 minutes apart.) Yes, September was a wonderful, busy month. Jordan received gifts that she loved. She got books, a camera, her own set of scriptures, and computer games. She got two birthday dinners too. One with just our immediate family on her birthday, and then one with Brianna, who was baptized the same day, my parents, and the Christians (Ben's brother and family) on the 26th. So what was so important about that day? That's a good question. Jordan and Bri entered the waters of baptism on Sept 26th. Ben was given the privilege of baptizing and confirming her as a member. It was a beautiful day. There were seven kids all together that got baptized, but I know Jordan and Bri, being cousins that are 9 days apart in age, will remember how special it was to be baptized together. I must say that I know she made the right choice to be baptized. I'm proud of her for taking that step and making the commitment to take upon her the name of our Savior. I'm also proud of Ben. It was the first baptism he has performed. He did a great job by letting the spirit guide him. Many blessings this past month. May there be blessings for all in the month to come. Just fyi: Jordan took the pics of Jada and Alex. She's got an eye for photography, it seems. She has lots of poses of them. These are just the ones I could get from her!

3 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Congratulations! What a great day, you are right in so many ways. Great for Ben! His countenance has changed so much! So fun to have cousin moments like this.

Katrina said...

So sad I missed it! Beautiful girls, every last one of them. (No, I am not biased for my nieces! ;) ) Love you. Love that I can read about your life, once in a while. Miss you so very much.

Unknown said...

O, I was just a bumb that day...had two other things to do that day (or maybe three) or I would of tried to be there. Great pictures. I so pick on Andrea for not always having her camera on her hip like me:-)