Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scary...

That is the very word that my children are obsessed with this Halloween. Jordan wanted to be something so scary, that no one would be able to look at her without being frightened. Alex wanted to be a scary pumpkin... If you'd seen her face you'd laugh a lot harder. I tried to explain to her that a pumpkin just isn't scary. Both changed their minds... so are they instead? Well... nothing scary... unless you get scared by them being super girlie. Jordan is a southern belle in a dress that reminds me oh so much of Scarlett O'Hara. (She actually looks like a very young Scarlett when I put her hair up in the same fashion.) Alex decided on a costume that very much fits her personality. She decided to be a queen. The costume itself is a very renaissance-y style. That's what makes it fit her. She loves that style. Jada decided that she was going to be Rosetta from Disney's Tinker Bell. As I said, they were very girlie. We had our trunk or treat last night since we share a building with 2 other wards. they got tons of compliments on their outfits, and I was asked if I made them... Nope. So sorry, but it would've cost the same amount to make them as I spent on them. And if I had made them, I would've embellished them more and they probably wouldn't look good. Not the best at sewing. Anyway, the girls decided that they wanted scary pumpkins instead since they didn't like the scary costumes that were available. Jordan chose: Alex chose: And Jada chose: As you can see, I had a lot of fun with these. No patterns, just a picture from the internet that supplied the ideas. The vampire inspiration came from "Interview with a Vampire" with Tom Cruise, The dragon was just a random thought. And of course, Jack the pumkin king came from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which I found appropriate. I didn't get pictures of my kids at the trunk or treat as I still don't have a camera, and I forgot Jordan's at home. Luckily there was a lady there taking pictures for everyone. I just have to wait until she posts them before I can get my hands on them. I'll be taking some more of my kids with Jordan's camera as well. I'm going to have fun making them look super girlie! Alex also won a cake from the cake walk. Awesome cake too. I just don't have a picture on my pc yet. I'll try to post one for that soon too. I think my girls enjoyed seeing all the decorations in the trunks, and getting lots of candy. I didn't decorate my trunk, but allowed someone else to use our pumpkins and hand out our treats. It wasn't candy this year. I figured that they would have plenty of candy as it was. Our treats consisted of eyeball bubbles, bouncing "eye" balls, vampire teeth, halloween pencils, jack o lantern erasers, skeleton rings, and bracelets. I have to say that it was a hit. So what was my favorite part of our trunk or treat? "Adam and Eve"'s Bobbing for apples. I asked my girls if they wanted to go bobbing for apples and they looked at me like, "what?" I told them I'd show them how it was done. I got an apple on the first try, but my head was 3 quarters of the way immersed. My girls looked at my with wide eyed stares. Did they do it? No... they asked me if I'd do it again. Yep... I have to say that was my favorite part.

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

Love the bobbing for apple story! Good for you! Must post pics of costumes when you can. The pumpkins are fab.