Saturday, October 2, 2010

Overworked mother

Jordan turned 9 years old on September 15. We celebrated with gifts and fun, but I didn't manage to think about taking pictures. So there are no pictures to go with this post pertaining to her birthday. She spent the weekend after her birthday with my parents who took all three birthday girls (my niece Layla- Sept 19th, and Brianna- Sept 24th) to celebrate together. They went to Gatti Land, went shopping, and just all around had a blast! I brought cake and ice cream with candles (a nine and a four) on Sunday (the 19th) to help celebrate a little more. I only wrote happy birthday since we were celebrating three (even though it was technically made for Jordan). We sang "Happy Birthday" and had candles blown out three times, so they each had a turn. The following weekend, Brianna had a birthday party at her house to celebrate, so Jordan got to go to that, too! Alex was invited as well. Since Alex and Jada spent the weekend with my parents, so that they wouldn't feel left out, Jordan spent the weekend with Brianna. That left a weekend for Ben and I to take a step back and *Deep breath* relax. It was a very nice time! But I have to admit, I really, really missed my kids. (I went to investigate why they were being so quiet 3 times before I'd remember they weren't even here! Silly me) Since then, we've been doing school and having play dates. Loads of fun! But again, I've not managed to remember to take pictures. /sigh I'm working on it, I promise!

No comments: