Ben and I have wanted a black tree forever. A lot of people think we're crazy because they think, "black tree? really?" Yes, really.
For the longest time, they didn't have one available. As soon as they did, they didn't have one in a size we wanted. We had a small 4.5 ft tree while moving, because it was just so much easier to pack and move. Also, our kids were younger, so we kept our tree up higher. Now that we have our house, it was finally time to get one! We wanted an 8 ft without the fiber optic lights. Alas, we couldn't find one that didn't look scrawny. So we settled on this 6 ft beauty.
I set it up yesterday and let the kids go to town decorating it this afternoon. The tree, along with 4 stockings (I only have 4 that match these colors. I will get a 5th one up soon, preferably in teal), are the only decorations I have up right now. I don't even have any family pictures or paintings up. I'm trying to wait until the walls are painted.
In other news, we got a sectional couch for our living room and picked out curtains. Yes, they're grey. Yes, we like dark colors. We got lighter carpet, cabinets, counter tops and the like knowing that our furniture and accessories were going to be dark. You can see some of the colors we were sampling for our wall color. We've chosen a really light grey. You can't see it in the picture, though. We've ordered some side tables that we will hopefully get sometime next month.
Oh, and please enjoy yet another picture that Jordan took of Jada. This hasn't been altered at all. She really is getting quite good at capturing moments of her sisters. Jada does NOT hold still for pictures. She refuses to, so the number of pictures that come out so well, is amazing. Such a great talent!
I don't have other pictures of my house to post yet, but I'm working on getting everything set up the way I want it. I will post some when I have them. I promise!
Newest paintings.
13 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment