Monday, January 12, 2009

I FINALLY did it

You read that right. I finally did it. I finally got new frames for my glasses today. I finally scheduled an appointment for family pictures. I finally did those things that nagged at me that I just put off for so long because I just did not want to do it. Tomorrow, I am going to do a few more things. We get pictures taken tomorrow, for one. Two, I want to call and schedule dentist appointments and vision tests for my children. I had forgotten what it was like to be able to see everything so clearly, which is just pathetic. I got my glasses in Dec 2007. Finally got them after years of knowing I could not see clearly when driving. Two months after having them, Jada broke them. That is right. It has been almost a full year without my glasses, and I went and got new frames. Honestly, I would remember to do it. But then something else would snatch my attention away. I am finally going to take my children to see a dentist. This will be the first time ever. Once again, I have thought about these things... I do not really have any excuse for not doing it. But, I have not yet. I want to be more organized this year. I want to have more activities with my children and their friends. Are these new year resolutions? I do not know. I just know that I want to be better. They are more goals than anything. I want to be more involved with homeschooling families this year. I am finally ready for it. I know I move slowly at times. I know I procrastinate. I have always hated that I do it, but I have not changed it. It is time. It is time for change! I demand more of myself. I know I'm rambling. But I needed to commit myself to doing something about it. Here it is. I will be held accountable for it now. (Yeah, like I wasn't going to be before! HA!) Now everyone can read about one of my weaknesses. Hopefully it will not be one for long. It is something I know I am going to struggle with for the rest of my life. I know others do too. But I am ready to change it. So here I go. Wish me luck!

No comments: